Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Colors of Snow

From Under the Gables:
"People used to think me queer when I was a little girl because I saw deep purples and red and violets in a field of snow. I used to be hurt over it until I gave up trying to understand people and concentrated on my love and understanding of landscapes," Fern Isabel Coppedge once related. She had wanted to be an artist since she was 13 years old and became more enamored with the idea when her family moved to California from her native Illinois and she attended her sister's watercolor class. (Read entire post.)
Share

6 comments:

May said...

Beautiful...have you seen Akira Kurosawa's film "Dreams", Elena?

tubbs said...

one word - homesick!

I miss snow.

elena maria vidal said...

Never saw it, M.

May said...

I highly recommend it. There are scenes that remind me of this painting.

elena maria vidal said...

I'll get it on Netflix!

julygirl said...

Even though our world has dimension we ordinary people view it in a sort of 'flat' way and that goes for the tones as well as colors. It takes the brilliance of autumn smacking us in the face before we are really aware of all the nuances of tone and color in our world, as an example, a green wooded area.