Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Inherited Design

What does one do with heirlooms and old family junk? According to a piece by Frances Schultz in the Wall Street Journal:
And here's the lovely part about making peace with a loved one's belongings: While so many of us are drawn to the new and perfect, inherited pieces have soul. Even if flawed, objects and furnishings with history have a story. They carry the energy of our affection. It radiates through the house. People can sense it when they walk through the door. We may not be conscious of it, but it's there.
Share

1 comment:

lara77 said...

I guess for myself the old has intrigued me much more than the new. I look at the beautiful pieces of cranberry glass collected by my late mother and remember how much she enjoyed receiving them. I never bought or received anything I did not love; like beautiful books they are like old friends. Collections reflect their owners and do tell so much about a person.