Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions

Resolutions are part of the spiritual journey. No matter how often we slip backwards, as long as we resolve to keep striving for holiness, then progress will be made, with God's help. Resolutions should be part of anyone's on-going conversion; they are certainly part of mine. However, I have had trouble in the past with New Year's resolutions, possibly because I tended to take on too many things. It is better to make one simple resolution, one that you know you will be able to keep, rather than making a dozen lofty and impossible ones. Share

2 comments:

julygirl said...

This year I resolved to NOT make any resolutions!

Gio said...

I agree with you. I always ended up breaking my resolutions in the past and I think that's because they were too general and unattainable. I think I will make a simple one this year. :)