Thursday, July 5, 2007

Tea with Heidi

Last Sunday we had the pleasure of visiting with Craig and Heidi Saxton and their children. Heidi is the editor of Canticle Magazine and she is also a columnist for Catholic Exchange. The Saxtons were returning from seeing the King Tut exhibit in Philadelphia and we were delighted that they were able to come our way. My husband made his delicious pork and chicken barbecue; with the halcyon weather it was a perfect day for sitting in the yard. Later, Heidi and I sipped some Tulsi tea, sent to me from my friend Georgette in India. Tulsi tea is made from an herb similar to basil, but it tastes like mint. We discussed themes for future articles as well and the ups and downs of the Catholic publishing and blogging world. As my husband said, the combination of friends, food, and fellowship made it what every Sunday afternoon should be. Share

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, it sounds lovely. Heidi certainly seems nice, too.

Carol

elena maria vidal said...

Yes, she is indeed.

Anonymous said...

Hey EMV!

That sure sounds like a nice visit you all had! I hope you enjoyed the tea. Tulsi is one of my all-time favorites, it's got many health benefits (anti-oxidents and other healing and relaxing properties)--and no caffeine, to boot. (I sound like an ad for it, don't I? LOL)

We're back in India from our long and wonderful visit in the States, so if you are ready for more tea, let me know, and I'll send some your way!

Lots of love and prayers,
Georgette

elena maria vidal said...

Hi, Georgette!! I was wondering where in the world you were.