Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Martyr

There have been several moving posts about the Chaldean priest recently murdered in Iraq. Our friend John Boyden studied theology with Fr. Ragheed at the Angelicum.

Don Marco has two posts, including the text of a homily by the martyr himself. Fr. Ragheed said:

There are days when I feel frail and full of fear. But when, holding the Eucharist, I say 'Behold the Lamb of God Behold, who takes away the sin of the world,' I feel His strength in me. When I hold the Host in my hands, it is really He who is holding me and all of us, challenging the terrorists and keeping us united in His boundless love. Share

2 comments:

Terry Nelson said...

Thank you for the link, the death of these martyrs shook me very deeply and colored all of my posts yesterday. I wanted the world to stop and take notice of these atrocities, and to begin to pay attention to what is esssential in life and faith.

elena maria vidal said...

I agree, Terry. It is so terrible.