Friday, May 4, 2007

Secure Our Borders

Pat Buchanan discusses the hazards of open borders as well as the dangers of diversity.

It reminds me of a recent visit to our town of Allentown, PA mayor Lou Barletta, who told us of the problems they are having with illegal aliens. Apparently illegal aliens have some kind of immunity and local law enforcement is often obstructed by federal red tape from prosecuting them, even when they are caught in the middle of some horrific crime. Mr. Barletta is cracking down on them anyway. Share

3 comments:

Jeff Culbreath said...

Well, I voted for PJB and have often promoted his writings, but I think he really has an intellectual blind spot on diversity issues.

There are obviously problems related to immigration and cultural diversity. However, to use a specific crime like the VT shootings as an argument against immigration is pure demagoguery. If PJB wants to make this case, he needs to either:

a) Write an essay about "The Dangers of Non-Diversity" the next time a native non-immigrant shoots up a school.

Or:

b) Prove that Korean immigrants are statistically more prone to mass murder than native born Americans.

P.S. Did you receive my order? :-)

elena maria vidal said...

Good points, Jeff!

Yes, I was about to email you that we have your book and it will be in the mail tomorrow. Thank you so much!!

Jeff Culbreath said...

And thank you, Elena-Maria! I'm looking forward to finishing the book myself - possibly before my daughter gets ahold of it!